Sunday 3 April 2011

Spring/Summer Rose Gold Trend - Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch MK5128


Alexander Wang's AW11 collection showed rose gold tasselled loafers, with Jason Wu showcasing rose gold dipped stilletos heels, not to mention THAT picture of Victoria Beckham rocking rose gold Brian Atwood's rose gold platform pumps... were these pumps specifically requested to match her rose gold Rolex? Who knows...

Rose gold is appearing everywhere this Spring/Summer, especially with jewellery. The warm pinkish undertones make it suitable for all skin tones, in addition to adding a hint of vintage appeal.

Im not one to wear watches, I think the last time I actually wore a watch day-in-day-out was when I was at school and Baby G watches were the 'in-thing'.

A few years ago I started lusting over the Chanel J12 & a simple gold Gucci number. Considering I don't wear a watch every day the price tags on these babies were a biiiiit out of my range. Fast forward 2011... helloooooooo Michael Kors MK5128.

I absolutely LOVE this watch. Not only is a great dupe to the rose gold Rolex that Victoria Beckham has got, its also not that big! By big I mean the face size on my little wrist, the watch itself had to have 6 links taken out. The watch itself is rose gold plated with a bracelet strap, round dial with rose gold plated stainless steel case, Z clasp fastening and quartz movement. I like that this watch has a combination of both high polish and matte rose gold. Its not too showy, but not too subtle either, its perfect.

Currently on sale at ASOS for £199 which I do think is a tad expensive. I got mine from John Lewis on one of their price match mega days - they were matching a promotion that House of Fraser were running, so that promotion combined with a hook up of staff discount brought it down to just £120! Bargain! Im now on the lookout for some rose gold bangles...


What do you guys think of the rose gold trend? Love it or hate it?

3 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous! thanks for visiting our blog :)

    Danniella

    ReplyDelete
  2. cuuute blog!!! thanks for stopping by mine :)


    http://fixyourfacemakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete